The historic farmhouse dates back to 1666. The overall concept was to implement new interior elements with a respectful distance to the listed architecture, thus creating a space for family and friends to gather and feel comfortable.
The entire restoration took place in constant coordination and cooperation with the monument authority of the city of Detmold. The building was completely gutted. As many original elements as possible were preserved and carefully refurbished. Oak beams of the half-timbering were reworked and repaired. The floor plan was optimised - the ground floor features large open rooms separated only by the original oak beams of the half-timbering. All doors and windows have been reinterpreted and redesigned in our manufactory based on traditional plank doors.
The combination of polished concrete floor, natural stones, oak floorboards and the historical wooden elements gives the premises a warm and aesthetic ambience. With a clear direction, a creative and intuitive atmosphere could be created. The rooms were optimised with natural materials, modern lighting, designer furniture and individual custom-made items such as doors and stairs.